The Web Application Development is a 2-year program that covers the tools and fundamentals of Web page creation and publishing. The course includes learning the basics of Web page design and development and the use of web-editing programs, developing Web pages that incorporate text, images, and hypertext links will be practiced and reinforced.
During the course, there will be emphasis on using Web pages and the Internet in education. The culminating activity will be to build a Web-based project or activity demonstrating the use of HTML code, tables, image manipulation, graphic formats, image maps, forms, controls, frames, cascading style sheets and/or automated tools.
The modules in this program will be delivered through (a) interactive discussions in the classroom utilizing visual aids and other teaching materials to gain the knowledge and (b) laboratory classes to acquire the required skills and competencies. Take home reading assignments may also be given from time to time.
Specifically, some of the teaching methodologies to be utilized are:
• Interactive lecture and discussion
• Problem solving
• Simulation (hands-on machine problems and exercises)
• Individualize learning
• On-the-job training
The trainees/students are expected to:
• Design a website to meet technical requirements.
• Develop a website information architecture.
• Validate basic website performance.
• Ensure website content meets appropriate technical protocols and standards.
• Use development software and IT tools to build a basic website to specification.
• Apply a web-authoring tool to convert client data.
• Create user and technical documentation.
Upon completion of this course, the trainees/students with the necessary competencies should be able to perform the duties, responsibilities and acquired attitude relevant to the job title of a Web Developer.
The trainees/students also should be able to pass the Occupational Qualification and Certification System (National Certificate - Level IV) of Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) – a government accrediting institution.
|Duration||The Web Application Development consists of 14 basic modules, 1 common module and 11 core modules, involving a total nominal duration of 1838 hours.|
|Recognition||This program is accredited by the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA). It is fully recognized within the Philippines and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sector.|
|Intakes||Two intakes per year
• First Semester: June - October
• Second Semester: November – March
Fourteen (14) Basic Modules
• Computer Programming 1 (C Language)